Trinity Celtic Knot
Trinity Celtic Knot is an ideal intermediate design and fun to make for any bedroom or cuddle rug. The pattern includes three different size options with three straight borders as shown in red and blue quilt. See requirements for fabric buying hints.
If you need extra help or alternative construction instructions, join our online workshop: Knot of Squares. This workshop includes a discussion forum to help with construction and fabric selection, THREE options of construction (all scrappy squares, scrappy strips, 4 fabrics with simplified piecing), THREE border options (plain, strip pieced, Seminole) and extra quilting designs with full details and video showing stitching.
Amounts assume a FQ of 18" x 20" or WOF 40" usable width.
7(13,19) Cream Fat Quarters
3(4,6) Red Fat Quarters
3(4,6) Blue Fat Quarters
3(5,7) Black Fat Quarters
8"(13",15") x WOF Red border
25"(52",90") x WOF Cream Border
13"(23", 36") x WOF Blue Border
Binding: Binding strip to make: 7 yd (11 1/8 yd, 14 yd)
Backing - Small: 3 1/2 yd x WOF Medium: 2 3/4 yd extra wide backing (94" wide)
Large: 4 3/4 yd extra wide backing (94" wide)
Batting - Small: 60" square Medium: 95" square
Large: 120" square
This pattern works best with three distinct colors, which all strongly contrast with the background. Use light fabrics for the background and dark fabrics for the colored sections with only a few medium pieces for variety. Used a variety of prints within each color.
Pattern and requirements include 3 straight borders.
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.