This colorful bargello is circular rather than the standard rectangular shape. The bargello is created with a 9-degree wedge ruler and after the piecing is all finished, it is sewn to the background square. The raw edges can be turned under and stitched in place or finished with a binding edge.
Afraid of all those small pieces? Don't be. This design is strip pieced and then wedges are cut from the pieced block making them much more manageable. However, you should brush up on your rotary cutting skills by reading our free online lesson.
EIGHT fabrics are used in Bargello Swirl. These are graded in color from light to dark and back to light again. Label each fabric in order from A to H.
Fabric A: 3/4 yd (bargello & 1st border)
Fabric B: 1/2 yd (bargello)
Fabric C: 1/2 yd (bargello)
Fabric D: 1/2 yd (bargello)
Fabric E: 1/2 yd (bargello)
Fabric F: 1/2 yd (bargello)
Fabric G: 1 yd (bargello, bargello trim, binding)
Fabric H: 3/4 yd (bargello & 2nd border)
Background Fabric: 1-1/4 yds
Backing and Batting: 50" square (at least 4" larger than finished quilt)
Freezer paper (optional)
9º wedge ruler with 18" (or larger) length marking
Thread for piecing and quilting
Sewing machine and accessories
General quilting supplies such as rotary cutter, rulers etc
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.