Advanced Stained Glass
Everyone loves a red rose. You can now make one for yourself with this stained glass applique workshop which is suitable for intermediate to advanced quilters. There is no quilting required and all stitching can be done with straight stitch OR you can complete the project by hand if you wish. You can make it in no time at all with pre-made bias however Ruth will also teach you to make your own original bias to save you costs. This online class is held at Academy of Quilting.
Features in This Workshop
- One-to-one Teacher guidance & help for questions and answers
- Downloadable class information
- Text, Images and videos
- Includes Templates
- A Project Class
Class workshop includes instructions for making your own bias binding and fusible tape as an alternative to purchasing pre-made bias. There are two methods, you may choose either or try both.
Either method requires:
- 1/2 yd fabric for bias
- 1yd fusible webbing or ONE 40ft pack of 5mm fusible tape
- Method One only: requires a 1/4" or 3/8" bias bar
- Method Two only: requires a 1/4" bias tape maker
Full discussions about equipment are included in the first lesson to help you decide.
If you do not wish to make your own bias binding you will need 11 yds of Fusible Bias Binding OR Bias Binding & pack of 40ft 5mm fusible tape. Recommended: 11 yd Fusible Bias Binding on reel made by Clover. (note: one student found they needed a little more than 11 yds, however, I found I had a good 18 inches extra so reels may vary)
- 1/4 yd Border Fabric
- 1/2 yd Background Fabric (none directional) or 3/4 yd directional Background Fabric
- 3-6 red fabrics - only small amounts required for applique
- 2 green fabrics - small amounts required for applique
- 1/4 yd Black for Binding Fabric
- 2/3 yd Backing Fabric (requires 22" x 28" rectangle)
- 2/3 yd Batting (requires 22" x 28" rectangle)
- 1yd fusible webbing
- Black Thread or thread to match the bias binding
- Sewing machine and accessories
- Quilting pencil or removable marking pen
- General quilting tools such as rotary cutter, mats, rulers, pins, safety pins, etc
- Teflon Sheet, parchment paper, or baking paper
- Lightbox may be useful
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.