Stained Glass Rose
The rose is a flower of beauty as is the quilting techniques of stained glass applique. Put them together and you come up with this delightful wall hanging "Stained Glass Rose". This technique is one of the easiest types of applique where raw edges are covers with bias binding which can be pre-made, but our instruction booklet includes how to make your own bias.
This pattern is also available as an online workshop.
Pattern includes instructions for making your own bias
binding which requires the following:
1/2 yd fabric for bias
ONE 40 ft pack of 5mm fusible tape
1/4" or 3/8" bias bar
If you do not wish to make your own bias binding you will need 11.5 yds of Fusible Bias Binding
1/4 yd Border Fabric
1/2 yd Background Fabric (none directional) or 3/4 yd directional Background Fabric
3-6 red fabrics - only small amounts required for applique
2 green fabrics - small amounts required for applique
1/4 yd Black for Binding Fabric
2/3 yd Backing Fabric (requires 22" x 28" rectangle)
2/3 yd Batting (requires 22" x 28" rectangle)
1yd fusible webbing
Sewing machine and accessories (alternatively, design may be stitched by hand)
Quilting pencil or removable marking pen
General quilting tools such as rotary cutter, rulers, pins, safety pins, etc
Teflon Sheet, parchment paper or baking paper
Lightbox may be useful
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.