The Holly Wreath
This holly wreath design is the perfect size to adorn your door or wall in our festive times. The addition of Christmas balls and berries with a beautiful plaid ribbon creates a typical red and green Christmas.
You can either buy this as a pattern or an indepth ebook where you will discover different techniques for applique (including hand applique) and videos to demonstrate the technique choices.
Background: 7/8 yd [.8 m] (light)
First Border: 3/8 yd [.35 m] (green)
At least SIX different green fabrics: Fat Eighth of each green (leaves)
ONE fat quarter of dark green (background of the wreath)
ONE fat quarter of red (ribbon & balls)
Assorted red scraps (berries)
1yd [1 m] lightweight fusible webbing
1/2yd [.5 m] stabilizer (either tear-away or iron-on)
Cotton or cotton-blend Batting: 7/8yd [3/4 m]
Backing fabric: 7/8yd [3/4 m]
Binding fabric: 1/4 yd [1/4 m]
Thread for quilting
Machine embroidery threads: shades of red & green plus white and gold for plaid stitching
Quilting pencil or removable marking pen
Sewing machine and accessories
Teflon Sheet, parchment paper, or baking paper
Lightbox may be useful
Red and Crystal rhinestones (optional)
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.