Stained Glass Sunflower
Designed with a beginner in mind, this fun sunflower quilt will come together with ease. Use pre-made bias binding for the leading or use the instructions included to create your own bias binding from only 1/2 yard of black fabric. The flower can be cut as a whole or each petal can be cut individually so this project is a great way to use up some scraps.
If you are new to stained glass applique, consider signing up to "Beginner's Stained Glass Applique with Ruth". This workshop will show you all you need to know to get started with stained glass applique and you have the choice of two projects to make. You'll enjoy it so much that you'll most likely make both. Both patterns are included in the workshop.
ONE x fat quarter Border Fabric
¾ yd Background Fabric
Fat 8ths of several yellow, green, brown fabrics for applique
¼ yd Binding Fabric
¾ yd Backing Fabric
¾ yd Batting
1yd fusible webbing
10.5 yds of Fusible Bias Binding OR Bias Binding and pack of 40ft 5mm fusible tape**
Black Thread or thread to match bias binding
Sewing machine and accessories
Teflon Sheet, parchment paper or baking paper
Lightbox maybe useful
**Note: Directions include instructions for making your own bias binding and fusible tape as an alternative to purchasing pre-made bias. This requires ½ yd fabric for bias plus 1yd fusible webbing or ONE 40ft pack of 5mm fusible tape . A ¼" bias bar is also required. None of these are included above. Makes approximately 40ft bias binding.
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.