Paper Piecing Paradise
Paper piecing, foundation piecing, sew and flip, or whatever you call this method, using it will give you perfect blocks and no more chopped-off points! Within this ebook, Daphne will show you how to create your foundations, select and prepare your fabrics and how to sew perfect blocks every time.
Did you know that even traditional blocks can be pieced this way; it is not just for small blocks or unusual blocks with sharp points. You can make the layout as shown in the sample or rearrange the blocks to create a sampler or a completely different scene.
Includes 10 different templates. Along with this ebook comes an EQ7 file that includes all the blocks. You can download this from our website after purchase.
This is a paper piecing starter ebook, suitable for beginners with basic quiltmaking skills.
- choose a foundation material
- print out your foundation piecing designs
- set up your machine for foundation piecing
- foundation piece a cabin block, two flower blocks and a spiky greenery block
- use Add-a-Quarter™ rulers when foundation piecing
- make multiples of a foundation
- speed up foundation piecing with pre-cutting
- foundation piece Uneven Log Cabin blocks
- chain sew when foundation piecing (and why you would want to)
- you will learn how to foundation piece
- crazy pieced tree blocks
- blocks made up of two or more units
- a design wall can help you decide on a layout for your quilt
- to sew the blocks into rows
- to sew the rows together
- to sew a Flying Geese border
- to add an inner border
- to finish your wall hanging
100% cotton fabric, prewash, dry and iron before you begin. The picture will give you ideas on fabric choices.
- Cabin Parts (these amounts are for one cabin):
- Roof: 7" x 4"
- Cabin: 6" x 4"
- Door: 2" x 4"
- Sky (5 different non-directional fabrics): 1/4 yard of EACH fabric
- Water (3 different watery fabrics): 1/8 yard of EACH fabric
- Trees (4 leafy fabrics): 1/4 yard of EACH fabric
- Grass (3 grassy fabrics): 1/4 yard of EACH fabric
- Background (select a green that is lighter than all your tree fabrics): 1/2 yard
- Tree trunks - brown wood-like fabric: 1/8 yard
- Stars (2 gold fabrics): 1/8 yard of EACH fabric
- Flowers (2 red or pink fabrics): 1/8 yard of EACH fabric
- Binding: 1/2 yard
- Backing: 1 yard
- cotton or cotton/poly batting, 32" x 34"
- 1 1/2 yards of foundation material or 1 package of EQ Foundation Sheets
- neutral cotton piecing thread - I recommend a medium shade of gray
- rotary cutter, mat, and 24" rotary ruler
Add-a-Quarter Ruler - 6" or 12" long
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.