My Empty 3-D Vase
These 3-d applique vases can be made as a single block or a paneled wall hanging. Extra padding is added to give the 3-d look. Full quilting details are included in the pattern.
This fun quilt can be made as a vertical or horizontal wall hanging and will make a modern unique display in any dining room.
Receive this pattern free when you sign up for Ruth's online workshop Still Life.
- A collection of SEVEN fabrics ranging from light to dark in ONE color for EACH vase. Example: light to dark blues. Note: Only small amounts of fabric are required – if purchasing, a fat eighth of each is more than enough. Hand-dyed fabrics are ideal
- 1/4 yd of fusible webbing for EACH vase
- Machine embroidery threads to match the above fabrics
- 1 background fabric for EACH vase (1 fat quarter)
- 1/2 yd medium/dark fabric for sashing and binding (or for no sashing ¼ yd)
- Light-weight thin batting for padding and backing fabric (or iron-on interfacing): 7" x 11" for EACH vase - this is used to create a 3-d effect
- Backing and batting 2" larger than finished piece - thin wool or cotton batting is ideal
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.