Mariner's Nine Patch
A good pattern to learn how to do a small paper-pieced wall hanging but it’s also fun for intermediate-level quilters. The finished measurement is 21" square however borders may be omitted to create a smaller quilt
Pat's 8-page booklet comes complete with all templates and includes how-to foundation piece instructions in another 14-page booklet for those who need it.
About Pat's paper pieced patterns
Pat has a more efficient way of paper piecing that provides more accuracy and ease. All these patterns are symmetrical so that once you have completed all the blocks in the pattern you can flip them 180 degrees from the way she made them and form a different and still interesting quilt. There are alternate colorways shown and, for complex quilts, quilting suggestions provided.
If you are new to paper piecing, you’ll be surprised at the complex-looking quilt you’ve made that has actually been easy. If you have done this kind of quilt before, you will find an ease of production that you may not have experienced. No matter what your level of experience, the How-To guide provided can enable a more effective way of doing this kind of quilting.
Yardage is based on 42-inch wide fabric.
- 7" Patterned (4 blocks)
- 5" Light teal (inner rays)
- 6" green (corner bands)
- 6" Lilac (center square; outside rays)
- 7" Magenta (wide rays)
- 15" Black (5 blocks; binding)
- Thread for piecing and quilting
- Sewing machine and accessories
- Printer or Copier to print templates
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.