This applique design will build your confidence so you can complete any of our larger color wash applique quilt projects. This Clematis flower applique pattern can be made in many different color ways to complement your decor. The Clematis flower is typically white or pink but can be found in colors ranging from pure white to lavender to the darkest purples and the richest reds. This great beginner's project is just what you need to get started in applique.
Note: Requirements for border and frame can be cut from FQs
Selection of 40 or more 2½" squares in dark, medium, light and very light fabrics of one color eg blue, for background piecing. Use as many different fabrics as possible, at least 20. tip: charm or penny packs are ideal
¼ yd[m] of very dark for narrow frame plus left & bottom border
¼ yd[m] of light for border (right and top)
¼ yd[m] binding fabric or use light & dark border fabrics
25" x 21" or ¾ yd[m] backing fabric and cotton batting
Scraps of green, pink or white, yellow fabrics for appliqué.
½ yd[m] fusible webbing
Thread for piecing, applique (machine embroidery) and quilting
Sewing machine and accessories
Basic quilting supplies such as rotary cutter, mat, pins etc
Teflon Sheet, parchment paper or baking paper
Lightbox and design wall maybe useful
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.