Christmas BOM quilt
This 10-week program will have a new part each week. Full instructions in this BOM pattern include full details for a Feathered Star block and various blocks to make either a one border quilt or two border quilt as shown in the photo. The Feathered Star block completed at 36" square with no borders makes a perfect Christmas wall hanging or table piece. The Star finished with mitered borders (instructions for perfect miters included) is ideal as a lap quilt or cuddle rug and the full-sized quilt with block borders makes a beautiful bed display.
Layout, block sizings to include your own multi-sized blocks, and block resources are included with individual block instructions and variations.
This is an award-winning quilt!
- Part 1: Eight-point star - the center of Feathered Star. Saw Tooth star in sizes 8" and 12". Alternative instructions for using the Saw Tooth star as the center block for the Feathered Star. Learning to accurately construct Y-seams. Additional applique option for central block.
- Part 2: Corner block and side block of the feathered star. Includes detailed instructions for piecing and creating half-square triangle units. This part also includes foundation piecing templates and instructions for the 'feathers' of the star as an alternative method of construction.
- Part 3: Snowman (8" block) and Friendship star (9" blocks) with instructions on how to add frames for the inner border of the quilt. Instructions give you the format to calculate frame sizes for any block you wish to include. Options include frames with cornerstones too.
- Part 4: Ornament block, Stocking block, and Square-in-a-square blocks. Additional options include how to fussy cut fabrics to create interesting variations and adding embellishments.
- Part 5: Churn Dash (2 sizes) and French Silk Pie (and variations). Learning how to swap the units around to create new blocks.
- Part 6: Ohio Star (3 sizes) and Twin Star (3 sizes). Bonus star block included. Learn how to make these stars into more complex stars.
- Part 7: Poinsettia block and two tree blocks plus bonus square in a square block in 2 sizes. Learning how to piece using foundations.
- Part 8: Entwined Star and Nita's Christmas Star blocks - both are original and more complex blocks. Foundations are also included for Nita's Christmas Star as an alternative construction option.
- Part 9: Wreath and Church blocks with variations included. Learn broderie perse and other decorative enhancements.
- Part 10: Gift block with instructions on putting your quilt together. Includes some quilting ideas and finishing instructions.
Requirements For Quilt
For Feathered Star Block (36" x 36" finished):
- Background: 1 yd
- Red: 1/4 yd
- Gold: 1/4 yd**
- Dk. Green 1/4 yd
- Light Green: 1/4 yd
**A variety of gold fabrics scraps may be used to create a twinkle.
Other Blocks, Borders, & Binding - for later parts:
- First Border: A selection of fat quarters and scraps in Christmas colors (not necessarily Christmas fabrics) to make SIXTEEN 8" blocks and block frames
- Second Border (optional): A selection of fat quarters and scraps in Christmas colors (not necessarily Christmas fabrics) to make TWENTY-FOUR 12" blocks
- Sashing and Plain Borders (large quilt): 3 yds
- Binding: 5/8 yd (double-fold binding)
- Backing: 3.5 yds for smaller quilt or 9 yds for larger quilt
- Batting: 66" x 66" for smaller quilt or 110" x 110" for larger quilt
- Sewing machine and general quilting supplies including threads, rotary cutter etc.
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.