This Dahlia flower is made up of bargello petals. Each petal is cut in a different location of the bargello run to create a stunning design. Dahlias come in a variety of colours so why not choose your favourite.
Tip: When picking fabrics make sure to create a colour run from light to dark so the illusion of movement can be created within the flower. By using different values of the colour it will also give the flower depth and dimension.
This project features seven fabrics from very light to very dark. Make sure to use fabrics with
lots of texture to create an illusion of movement within the fabric run.
0.25 m (3/8 yd) very light fabric
0.25 m (3/8 yd) light fabric
0.25 m (3/8 yd) light medium fabric
0.25 m (3/8 yd) medium fabric
0.25 m (3/8 yd) dark medium fabric
0.25 m (3/8 yd) dark fabric
0.4 m (1/2 yd) very dark fabric - includes binding
1.0 m (1 yd) background fabric
1.0 m (1 yd) backing
6 inch square of fabric for centre of flower
0.7 m (0.75 yd) fusible web with a paper backing
0.4 m (0.5 yd) stabilizer either leave in or tear away
Batting 32 inch x 38 inch piece
Thread for piecing and quilting
General supplies such as rotary cutter, rulers, etc
Sewing machine & accessories (¼ inch foot a must)
Design wall may be useful
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.