Array of Color
Large applique flowers in shades of orange display a wonderful array of colors on a patchwork background made from 2 1/2" strips. The color wash background enhances the bright flowers which are machine blanket stitched over top. A free-motion butterfly finishes off the design nicely. We give a step-by-step guide with a video to make the butterfly.
- EIGHT 2 1/2" strips from fabrics ranging from light green or cream to medium/dark green
- SEVEN 2 1/2" strips from fabrics ranging from light blue or tan to medium/dark blue
- ONE 1" strip WOF (width of fabric) light brown
- ONE 1" strip WOF dark brown
- 1/2 yd green for outer border
- 6-8 fat eighths yellow and orange fabrics for flowers
- Scraps of black for flower centers and brown for stem
- 1-2 fat eighths of green for leaves
1/2 - 3/4 yd fusible webbing Note: Use a lightweight fusible webbing that can easily be stitched through.
Batting & backing fabric at least 4" larger than quilt size
1/4 yd Binding Fabric
Machine embroidery thread to match applique fabrics (yellow, orange, green, black & brown)
Neutral thread for piecing & quilting thread
Sewing machine and accessories
General quilting supplies such as rotary cutter, mat and rulers
Instructions are included to make your own butterfly; requires small amounts of fusible webbing, stabilizer, fabric scraps & thread OR one 5" Butterfly motif
Lightbox maybe useful
We also email you the 'Thank You' to your email inbox which includes the link to download your pattern. Please check your spam/junk box if you do not receive this.
Here is a full list of things to try:
- Ensure that no pop up blockers are enabled
- Ensure you are using a stable connection - wifi is better than phone data
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Try a different web browser, as well as private windows to rule out any browser issues
- Ensure the web browser is up to date and that the latest device software is up to date
- Try another device, like another computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.