Array of Color
Large applique flowers in shades of orange display a wonderful array of colors on a patchwork background made from 2 1/2" strips. The color wash background enhances the bright flowers which are machine blanket stitched over top. A free-motion butterfly finishes off the design nicely. We give a step-by-step guide with a video to make the butterfly.
- EIGHT 2 1/2" strips from fabrics ranging from light green or cream to medium/dark green
- SEVEN 2 1/2" strips from fabrics ranging from light blue or tan to medium/dark blue
- ONE 1" strip WOF (width of fabric) light brown
- ONE 1" strip WOF dark brown
- 1/2 yd green for outer border
- 6-8 fat eighths yellow and orange fabrics for flowers
- Scraps of black for flower centers and brown for stem
- 1-2 fat eighths of green for leaves
1/2 - 3/4 yd fusible webbing Note: Use a lightweight fusible webbing that can easily be stitched through.
Batting & backing fabric at least 4" larger than quilt size
1/4 yd Binding Fabric
Machine embroidery thread to match applique fabrics (yellow, orange, green, black & brown)
Neutral thread for piecing & quilting thread
Sewing machine and accessories
General quilting supplies such as rotary cutter, mat and rulers
Instructions are included to make your own butterfly; requires small amounts of fusible webbing, stabilizer, fabric scraps & thread OR one 5" Butterfly motif
Lightbox maybe useful
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.