Briefly: Make an aquarium or a cottage garden, embellishing both by hand and machine.
Tutor: Ruth Blanchet
Number of Lessons: 4
Skill Level: All
This is a four lesson class suitable for all levels. The background was made using basic Bargello techniques. Applique, embroidery and quilting are applied to the background making up the underwater 3-D scene. It is a fun class with lots of different techniques to try and experiment with. This is a great design for the creative student to add his/her personal touch with the addition of other ocean occupants.
Fabric: (Please note, we will be discussing these items in depth and what to select in the first lesson)
- 25 cm (10") full width of sky fabric
- 25 cm (10") full width of water fabric
- 2 strips 1" x 15" OR 1 strip full width of six fabrics in colour run
- scraps of fabric for seaweed, shells, etc.
- 40cm (16") Fine batting or Pellon (I prefer a cotton blend to work on)
- 40 cm (16") backing fabric
- 40 cm (16") heavy iron-on non-woven interfacing (used to stabilize work to embroider on)
- neutral thread for piecing
- assortment of decorative threads (e.g., machine embroidery, rayon, metallic)
- 25 cm x 25 cm (10" x 10") batting sandwich (one piece of calico and one of heavy interfacing with batting sandwiched between)
- beads, sheer fabric, scraps of almost anything.
- sewing machine and accessories
- 1/4" machine foot if you have one or other method of measuring 1/4"
- darning or free motion foot
- pencil or fabric marker
- cutting mat, rotary cutter and rulers
- fine pins (wedding and lace pins are ideal)
- soldering Iron (if you have one)
- Water soluble interfacing (optional) interfacing that dissolves in water
- Topstitching or Metalfil needle maybe useful
Do I have to use PayPal to make a purchase? No, once you go to the cart and click "proceed to pay" (or use the buy button and click continue), you will see the option to pay using a PayPal account. Directly under that is a big grey button "Pay with Bank Card or Credit Card". Use this button to pay by credit card without a PayPal account. You can also request an e-invoice but please add arbee @ arbeedesigns.com (without the spaces) in your contact list to ensure the e-invoice gets through to your inbox. Be sure to email us your order in detail.
Where do I find my workshop? All workshops are presented at www.academyofquilting.com. Please visit the site to register a free user account.