Briefly: Patchwork bed quilt with optional celtic and applique designs
Designer: Ruth Blanchet
Finished Size: 70" x 70" & 70" x 82"
Celtic, patchwork and applique all in one pattern. The Celtic and applique are optional. The quilt looks just as pretty without it when you include detailed quilting instead. Instructions include how to make bias binding using bias bars or you can use the bias tape makers.
This pattern also comes in two sizes and can be easily extended if desired.
For additional ideas on how to quilt this pattern see Ruth's blog post: Using Applique patterns to make quilting designs
- Background fabric: 3 1/4 yds [4 yds]
- Medium fabric: 3/4 yd [1 yd] (nine-patches) OR 24 fat eighths or combination of 2" strips for a scrappy effect
- Dark fabric: 3/4 yd [1 yd] (snowball corners)
- First (Accent) border: 1/4 yd [1/4 yd]
- Second (Medium) border: 1 yd [1 1/8 yd]
- Third (Dark) border: 5/8 yd [3/4 yd]
- TWO fat quarters (contrasting) for celtic design
- Several fat eighths of your choice for applique leaves and jewels
- Backing: At least 4" larger than finished quilt size
- Batting: At least 4" larger than finished quilt size
- Binding: 1/2 yd [3/4 yd]
- Fusible Webbing: 1/2 - 3/4 yd
- 1/4" bias bar or 1/4" bias tape maker for celtic
- Thread for piecing and quilting
- Sewing machine and accessories
- General quilting supplies such as rotary cutter, rulers etc